Wednesday, January 03, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hi, all!

I know, I know--my last update was November 6th! Guess I got started celebrating the holidays a little early. But now I'm back and ready to start Phase II of my commitment to myself through NS. I'm starting NS again on Monday, January 8 -- 365 days since I started. My lowest weight reached was 255.5 but I've really enjoyed the holidays and have been weighing in the high 260s, low 270s for the last couple of weeks. I'll update my ticker tracker for exactness when I weigh-in Monday morning, but my goal is to lose 35lbs by my birthday, May 8th, and that should have me in the low 240s (all depends on how much damage all those holiday baskets and parties and bottles of wine caused).

In reflection, 2006 was a really good year for me: I bought a condo and lost 50 net pounds. Unfortunately, mid-December I lost one of my co-workers, my dear friend Kay Stirling who had a massive stroke and passed away. It's surreal. You say, "good night, Kay, I'll see ya tomorrow" and take it for granted that you will. But I didn't get to. And I must admit it's been hard to tell myself to forgo that second piece of cake/pizza/chicken when I've been soo consumed with and saddened by the truth that life is short! But that doesn't mean I have to kill myself with gluttony for whatever length of time I have. Therefore, this week is spent getting rid of the rest of the goodies in the gift basket and all leftover holiday meals and bottles of liquor, Saturday will be to stock up on the really good stuff--I don't think I've had a cucumber in over a month!! I actually kind of miss them. :-)

My mom bought an Ab-Lounger so I can't wait to try and incorporate it into my workout (which I'm honestly worried about getting back on track with--more so than with the eating), but all I can do is tap into the same discipline and desire that I began with a year ago. Also, I've started a profile on myspace.com and often spend time there so if you've noticed a bit of an absence, check me out at http://www.myspace.com/mizcass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back! 50 pounds gone is an awesome achievement. :)