Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Happy New Me, 2009!

Hello Readers:

Remember me? Yes, I know it's been quite a WHILE -- about a year and a half, in fact; and while so much has changed, many things have stayed the same. You know how at the end of a year, people say, "Out with old, in with the new"? Well, I think it's more like "In with the new, but make room for it cause most of the old ain't going anywhere".

So, what's new, you ask?
  • Since I last actively blogged...I started law school at FIU last semester. I now work part time for a solo practioner and go to school at night. Classes start again next week and I'm getting tired just thinking about it. So, if all goes according to plan I'll be a bottom-feeding, scum-sucking, ambulance-chasing lawyer -- can't wait!

  • Since I last actively blogged...A little known Illinois senator with big ears and a funny name thought it would be a good idea to run for president; in just 13 days Barack Obama will be inaugurated as the 44th President of the U.S. Now, if THAT isn't change, I don't know what is.

  • Since I last actively blogged...The Miami Dolphins were recovering from a terrible 1-15 season; Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas went to different teams, we hired a can a tuna and got a head coach only people in Dallas had ever heard of; the Dolphins won the AFC East Championship this year by beating the dirty, rotten, stinkin' New York Jets.

  • Since I last actively blogged...Our economy has TANKED. AIG and Lehman Brothers (companies that only people with serious money to invest cared about) went belly-up and now the blue-collar automobile industry is crumbling. Gas prices averaged $2.55 and were on the way up, where they would eventually top $4 a gallon! Though the past 4 months have brought steady decreases, as low as $1.63 just last week, they are back on the rise and it cost me $1.77 a gallon when I went to BP last night.

  • Since I last actively blogged...We've lost notables like George Carlin, Bernie Mac, Paul Newman, Isaac Hayes, Anna Nicole Smith, Kurt Vonnegut, Heath Ledger, Charlton Heston, Tim Russert, and so many, many more.

  • Since I last actively blogged...I had just joined LA Fitness and despite an enthusiastic start, I stumbled and went weeks at a time only driving through it's parking lot on my way to Publix or Chick 'N Grill. However, over the last 6 months I've recommitted and am pleased to report that though I'd gained a significant amount of weight back (No, I will NOT tell you how much) I've managed to get rid of most of it and am within 10lbs of my lowest weight. This is actually a good thing since my trainer is convinced I've converted fat into muscle which weighs more...yada yada yada. Point is I'm getting back on track physically and feeling great for it.

Actually, the hectic schedule of work and school has actually made it easier for me to work out and eat better. I actually lost 12lbs last semester. I think I do better within a structured routine and I hope that I will continue on the same path this semester. But it's all about baby steps. Below is a picture comparison of me on 12/31/06 and 12/31/08. Hopefully, the 12/31/09 installment will show significant progress.


Anyway, I hope to be back for good. Blogging is good for the soul. Thanks for the inspiration, Trudy!

1 comment:

Miss Trudy said...

So happy that you're back, I'm one of your biggest fans ... yes, yes, that's how lucky you are! One of the gods likes you!