Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'm Sore and I'm Happy!

My arms are aching, my arse is sore and I'm THRILLED! (Anyone remember that childhood chant "My back is achin'; my belt's too tight; my booty's shakin' from left to right?" LOL) Why am I happy to be in pain? Because it means that I finally got my fat (soon to be phat) ass in gear last night. I did my trusty 2-mile WalkAerobics with Leslie Sansone and then about 25 minutes on the Gazelle (about 2.3 miles); in addition to doing a total of about 50 wall push-ups during my bathroom breaks at work yesterday. I've already done 40 today and expect to be walkin' away again this evening. I'm just soo happy that I've "broken the ice" so to speak and I plan/hope to keep it up.

Today's NS Daily Dose is entitled "Fall Back Pitfall #3: Doubt", and the message that stood out was this: "Doubt only becomes a problem when you actually start belieiving those nagging voices in your head, or you let them lead you down the path to destruction."

The past 10 months has been a series of doubts: I doubted I would make it through the first box of food (especially with those damn muffins and orange "drink"); I doubted I could walk more than 10 minutes; I doubted I could lose 20lbs before I gave up. But I agree with the DD; pay enough attention to the doubts and they become self-fulfilling prophecies.

Well, in keeping with the prophetic implications of my name, I predict that I WILL SUCCEED AND MEET GOAL BY 5/8/2007 (my 32nd birthday)!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

First of all...Wooo Hooo!!! Your numbers are fantastic and you are back to your exercise!!! Way to go! Keep it up Cass.....I know it is hard. I am proud of you for getting back to it before you let it get out of control like I did. Today was my first day at the gym so we are both "sore and happy!" We can do this....we will do this. I will be checking up on you.

And way to go to Mom....shes rocking it just like her daughter!!!