Sunday, April 02, 2006

Springing Into Action!

As I end this 12th week on Nutrisystem, I look back to that first couple of weeks and how I thought I'd NEVER be able to follow this program or be successful. But I was wrong. I never really thought 3 months was a long time, but when I think of the difference the past 83 days has made in my life, I'm AMAZED. My clothes fit better; I even have a couple of pairs of pants that no longer stay up on me. I feel light on my feet and energized. I just feel GREAT!

It's a new month and I have a new goal--actually, it's the same goal I had from the start: to lose 40lbs in 4months on the program. That means I'd like to be at 280 by my birthday, May 8th (or 9th, since that's actually the 120th day on the program). Today, I weighed in at 286.5, which brings my 12-week total to 36lbs! Who'd have thought I'd have been able to maintain a 3lb-a-week rate of loss through 3 months! Just goes to show one really can do anything one puts his/her mind to.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

3lbs a week?!? You are amazing girl!!! You are so going to make your birthday goal. Congratulations on staying focused!! I am proud of you. I am having a little difficulty right now, but I am crossing my fingers that tomorrow I will be back to normal!!

Keep up the fantastic job!!!!