Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Back with a Vengeance

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion" - Abraham Lincoln
I've been 'away' for a while now so here's what's been going on, in a nutshell:
1) The painting is complete. I am officially moved in. My condo is a mess.
2) I've started back on the Gazelle (3+ miles in 35 minutes for the last two days--first official workouts in nearly 3 months!!)
3) I've reached my lowest weight, 263.5, but did not make my September 17th goal. Ah well, that's life. Nothing is written in stone so I've revised my goals and now am working to reach 255 by Halloween. I'm also hoping to have my place cleaned up enough by then to have a house-warming/Halloween party. We'll see.
4) The Marlins' season is over. :-( But, damn, did those young 'uns play their asses off or what?
Since I started the move process I unhooked my computer and have not had one readily available for me to keep up on my blogging. And since I was soo consumed with the search for, the purchase and renovation of and the move into my condo, I was nowhere near as focused on my weight loss as I should have been. But I'm not going to beat myself up about it...I actually think of the time as a kind of victory because I was able to maintain my weight (and lose a measly pound) without killing myself with workouts or starving myself. It's something I was eventually going to have to learn anyway, I just thought I'd be at goal before I started worrying about maintaining.
But, I'm back, I'm focused and I'm hoping to lose another 15-20lbs by the end of this year.

No comments: